Myst V installation trouble...help!

Reaction score
I got Myst V the other day, and when I install it I have problems.
I agreed to the terms and conditions, chose where to save it, but when I try installing it says:

Errors occured during installation.

*null

what do i do??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
From the Apple downloads page for Myst V:
System Requirements

* Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
* Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later recommended
* 1GHz PowerPC G4 processor (1.6 or higher recommended); Not compatible with Intel Macs
* 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
* 32MB video card
* 4.1GB hard disk space; DVD drive
If you have an Intel Mac, that would explain things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
Strange that Myst 4 works but 5 doesn't.

OP
W
Reaction score
wait a second im looking at the system requirements now...its says it works fine for intel! ***??

I clicked "recommended system requirements" on the myst 5 page on the apple website...i was redirected here:
http://www.apple.com/games/hardware/

The link above is for myst V 1.0...i dont know if thats the version i have or not.

also, the myst V website says in the bottom right hand corner "Works great on...Intel"

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Go here.

Download the patch and follow the directions.

This game was written for the PPC processors, prior to Apple moving to Intel.
It will not run on your Intel Mac without this patch.
And may or may not run that great with it.

Just check out the system specs on the package you bought.
If it doesn't list Intel or 'Universal Binary' on the package, it was not written to run on an Intel Mac.
Beware buying any software for your new Mac without one of those two listed on the box.

The first place to go with problems related to any game, is always the manufacturers site to check their hardware requirements and look for patches.
This is really the first thing to do when purchasing and installing any game. Get the patches to fix any bugs they found after release.

And, sorry, but you have to read all of the writing and not just what you would like for it to be.
You did not click on recommended systems for "Myst V", you clicked on recommended systems for "gamers'.
It clearly says, "Check out our systems for your best gaming experience".
Has nothing to do with whether any particular game will run or not.
The system requirements are as DB posted above.
System requirements will always list the minimum processor speed, video card memory required, version of the Operating System required, etc. If what you find does not list those items, you have not found the System Requirements for the software.

And on the Myst V site - you're talking about that little Intel logo that Intel paid them for putting there?
Still has nothing to do with whether it will run on your Mac.
You have to find their system requirements for that. Or does that mean if I get my 100MHz Intel from '95 it will run just fine, since it "Runs great on Intel"?

You may also want to check out the Myst V forums. Particularly the sticky they have on trying to get the game installed and running on an Intel Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.