1 HFS - Volume checked. Volume needs repair?

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Newbie here and in a lot of trouble:Oops: . While trying to upgrade to leopard, I had a major crash and lost my harddrive :Shouting: . I couldn't get out of the OS dvd and when choosing a new start-up drive to boot from the HD was missing in the selection. I then had a folder appear on the screen with a flashing question mark in it. I have over three days been doing a complete erase & install new system software. It wouldn't take tiger as it was an upgrade dvd so I had to install panther. At first panther was hanging and would not go on. I done entire erase of all system software the zero option, from the panther os cd, via disk first aid and at last managed to get panther on. Then tried to upgrade to tiger. No joy had to do a complete erase and install again. Now I have opened disk utility and run repair disk this is what has come up. First aid failed, Disk Utility stopped. Verfying untilted because of an error. The underlying task reported failure on exit. 1HFS - Volume checked volume - needs repair.
How do I repair it please without taking the OS system off again. I'm sorry if this appears somewhere else I have looked but no solutions have come up. I know this is very techy and I'm hoping there's a techy head out there to help me. Thank you so much. Misty:)

Reaction score
Hi, I am having the same issue. Where you able to find an answer??
Thanks in advance

YP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.