Carbon framework on XCode

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to make a move to XCode. Until now I used Codewarrior 9 but it doesn't debug on my new iMac (2.0 GHz core 2 duo running Leopard 10.5.2). I know that it needed XCode for it and with the move to XCode 3 it fails to do the debugging (older versions of the OS and XCode can't be installed).

Since Codewarrior is not supported anymore I decided to move my C++ code to XCode. I use only applications that do calculations and simple IO with files because it's for scientific purposes. That's why I want to use a simple Carbon or Cocoa framework. Since I use older file system code in one of my projects, the Cocoa framework wouldn't link, and it's best to stick with Carbon. The problem is that even though it complies well, including link, I can't run it. The Carbon framework comes with nothing under the "Executables" Smart group, and the "Run", "Go" etc commands are disabled. An executable isn't created even after a successful build. What's the problem ?

Rafi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.