i screwed up

F

f0134700529

can't figure out what i did. i'm running osx 10.2 on a 17" powerbook. had it just over a year. the problem i'm experiencing is when i open programs in the past few days i get an error saying "the application cannot be launched because the system is incompatible". it happens with just about every program. most of the time i have to right click and find if there's an older version of the program and maybe it will open in there. i'm pretty newb to apples, but i fell in love hard with their beauty. i'm trying to learn more so please, if anyone knows what i can do or have experienced a similar problem, post with some help. thanks a lot.

:bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Is there in finder > applications > utilities > disk utility select volume, repair permissions? If so do that

OP
F

f0134700529

nope

just ran the disk utility repair dealy and still get the error. anything else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Can you list the apps that produce the error? Is this a classic/OS 9 issue?

OP
F

f0134700529

preview, is the one i remember off the top of my head. i never use os 9, so i dont think it would be that. also, the other error message that i've been getting is something along the lines of "this is the first time that the application _________ has been opened..", but i've had it over a year. does that help?
can't open text edit. my system preferences won't open from the Apple menu in the top left. i have it in the dock, but i click on it and nothing happens from the apple menu.

Reaction score
"this is the first time...." sounds like ParanoidAndroid. Did you install it?
If you cant run DiskUtil boot from the install cd and run it from there.
Check the disk and repair permissions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If that still gives problems restart holding Apple S for single user terminal and type /sbin/fsck -fy until ***file system changed*** stops showing

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Running fsck (file system check) will resolve his problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.