Mac OS 9.2 User can't use phpBB3 forum

Reaction score
I'm not a mac user myself (linux), so I'm pretty ignorant as to the mac method, but I've got a phpBB3 forum and one of my users has a mac OS 9.2 (is that old?) computer and tells me this:

"The home page is there and most of the graphics look "compromised." I click on "enter" and I'm taken to a dead end page."

Any ideas as to how I can help him solve his problem and use my forum?

thanks,
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Does he get some kind of error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'm not a mac user myself (linux), so I'm pretty ignorant as to the mac method, but I've got a phpBB3 forum and one of my users has a mac OS 9.2 (is that old?) computer and tells me this:

"The home page is there and most of the graphics look "compromised." I click on "enter" and I'm taken to a dead end page."

Any ideas as to how I can help him solve his problem and use my forum?

thanks,
Alex
The troubleshooting you'll want to try is pretty much the same.

Yes - OS 9.2 is very old. If the user is using Internet Explorer for Mac (I think that used to be the default browser), it's not surprising it doesn't work.

Find out which browser they're using, then ask them to upgrade to something newer.

iCab 3.0.5 might work better.

OP
A
Reaction score
He did finally get it to work using ICab (copied your post and sent it to hime).

Now I have a user using the new Mac OS (X?) and she says she just sees a bunch of lines when she tries to access my site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sounds like a font issue...

Open Font Book, press "command + a" to select all and then go to "File > Validate fonts".

That should check all fonts installed on the system for errors.
Resolve any errors and the issue should hopefully go away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.