Terminal shell rsync backup question...

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question. I am fairly new to Macs, and I recently got a new job as IT support at a company which has a Mac server for their out of state office. Problem is the guy who worked here before me setup a terminal shell file that users could click on at the end of the day to backup their files to their individual "home" folder on the server. Problem is for some reason the shell is not doing what it is supposed to:

Last login: Wed Apr 16 08:30:37 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
/Volumes/lizw/My\ Backups/Daily.command; exit
Lizs-Computer:~ lizw$ /Volumes/lizw/My\ Backups/Daily.command; exit
/Volumes/lizw/My Backups/Daily.command: line 2: /usr/local/bin/rsync: No such file or directory

real 0m0.007s
user 0m0.001s
sys 0m0.003s
logout
[Process completed]
Basically the backup is to include the Documents, Desktop, Public, and shared folders, while excluding the Music, Library, Movies, and sites folders.

I am kind of at a loss here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT
I was able to copy the shell file so here it is, again, any help is appreciated:

#rotating backup script - v1.0
time /usr/local/bin/rsync --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync -az --eahfs --showtogo --exclude=/Users/$USER/Library --exclude=/Users/$USER/Pictures --exclude=/Users/$USER/Music --exclude=/Users/$USER/Movies --exclude=/Users/$USER/Sites --exclude=/Users/$USER/.Trash --exclude=/Users/.DS_Store --link-dest="/Volumes/$USER/My Backups/Archive/" "/Users" "/Volumes/$USER/My Backups/Archive/"

Basically the backup is to include the Documents, Desktop, Public, and shared folders, while excluding the Music, Library, Movies, and sites folders.

I am kind of at a loss here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.