Do you know a good app to play .ram files?

Reaction score
I download interviews sometimes that have a title.ram I believe this is for streaming, but iTunes doesn't seem to open it, and Windows Media Player doesn't let me try. Can you tell me a good mac os x app to open .ram files?

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply! Is there any other app that will play a .ram file, other than Real Player?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
I don't think so. .ram is a Real Media File, and only compatible with Real Media Player I believe. Kinda like .mov is Quicktime and WMV is Windows Media (I'm not sure if you can get codecs to play these on other things such as VLC which can play a lot of types of files)

Reaction score
Help needed please...

Hey guys, hi
I'm new to the forum though not to Macs..
I do have a Q... does anyone know of a free -or even Purchasable- audio software that will convert .rm/.ram to other formats , mainly MP3?
I'd be grateful for help..

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply! Is there any other app that will play a .ram file, other than Real Player?

Nit that I know of. The mac version of real player is MILES better than the PC version. Real player killed the pc version by adding too much crap. The OSX version is how it should be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Hey guys, hi
I'm new to the forum though not to Macs..
I do have a Q... does anyone know of a free -or even Purchasable- audio software that will convert .rm/.ram to other formats , mainly MP3?
I'd be grateful for help..

Real Audio ram files are streaming files, not usually the whole track is downloaded, just a pointer to the online stream.

You could play the stream in Real PLayer and use iRecordMusic or Audio Hijack Pro to convert the live stream to mp3

http://www.bitcartel.com/irecordmusic/

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.