Problems with newly repaired MacBook

Reaction score
I just recently had my Macbook's HD replaced, and some new problems have arisen since I got it back. First, if I try to play any in-browser media (like streaming radio, or video), Safari just mysteriously exits and it gives me the option to report the unexpected error that caused it. Also, I have tried multiple times to install firefox, but whenever I click on the downloaded icon (the one that looks like a white hard drive with the firefox logo), all the icons on the desktop just vanish for a second, and no firefox opens. It's getting extremely frustrating. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Zanzibarbarian,

First, welcome to the forum.

You could try erasing the hard drive and re-installing your OS. I assume you have an install disc for OS X or whatever version you had before. Of course that would also mean re-installing the other programs you may have added in since.

If a re-install doesn't help you, I would look to have that new hard drive replaced.

BTW, did you move that white hard drive Firefox icon to the applications directory (instead of clicking on it)? I think once you move it to the apps directory, it should work...

Good luck, Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Reinstalling the OS is hardly necessary, nor will it offer much help.

Take a look at this sticky thread for some tips and suggestions on what to do when things don't seem right with your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
D3v1L80Y,

Thanks, I learned something, too. Wiping the drive and re-installing is a carry over from my PC experiences :

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.