Change applications programming?

Reaction score
This may be a very stupid question and i have no background in programming, but i was just wondering if its possible to see the programming inside an application? In other words, is it possible to download an application and modify it to your liking?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
This may be a very stupid question and i have no background in programming, but i was just wondering if its possible to see the programming inside an application? In other words, is it possible to download an application and modify it to your liking?

If it's commercial software .... no. Some provide API's that let you interact with the software without being given full access to the code.

However, open-source software writers provide the source code that you can then 'tweak'.

It all comes down to the license as to how much you can change a piece of software.

Have a look here for more info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.