Sharing iTunes Library Between Partitions?

huy

Reaction score
I plan on getting a MacBook soon. (I have never used a Mac before.)

My question is, is there anyway to share a library between two partitions?

I plan on using Boot Camp to boot into Leopard and Vista (sometimes Fusion to use both at once). What I want to do is have my iTunes library on my Vista and then boot into Leopard and go into iTunes with the same library. Is this possible? I love the idea of having 2 OS's, but having to update 2 libraries at once is a huge hassle, maybe iTunes for Mac uses the same type of file as iTunes for Windows to store the library and I can put a reference to link it to that file?

Thanks guys!

Edit:
I noticed that this should be in the Switcher forum. Sorry!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
You could try creating a FAT32 partition that both Windows and Mac OS X can read/write to and store the music there.

I'm not too sure how well Mac OS X works with NTFS. I know you can read an NTFS volume easily and there are third party solutions to get write support but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

OP
H

huy

Reaction score
Well, I am going to keep my files on an external drive. I just want both libraries to be in sync.

Example:
I rate song "Hello" by Band ... 4 stars when I'm on Vista.
I turn off MacBook, boot into Leopard and when I go to my library, "Hello" is rated 4 stars.

Just wondering if anyone has done this?

Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.