Switching to a mac(help)!

H

hakenasse

For years, I have been an avid P.C. user. I learned all my computer
skills on a P.C. and soon became very comforatble with the Windows OS.
However, for the last couple years I have been in denial like a crack
user, to something painful and hard to escape from. Every day that
**** machine becomes infected with viruses and spyware. I've become
thoroughly disgusted with Windows and Microsoft. I have researched macs and other options throughly. I talked to my friend who is an avid mac user, and hes basically convinced me to switch. I'm looking at the powerbook G4 15" model. I need a notebook because for me it is more convienient for school and such. I'm trying to learn PS, and my mac friend is teaching me. I'm also interested web editing. Check out our site (just up) www.paradoxsector.com. The main thing is that my whole life revolves around snowboarding. I'm looking to get sponsored this year, and that requires videos. I understand that macs are superior for video editing, so that's also something that I'm taking into consideration. My friend has shown me how beautifully a mac can run PS and Adobe Illustrator. The thing that really convinced me though, was how smooth the interface of OS X is, and how user friendly it is. I also love the fact that it's virtually impossible for a mac to get infected with a virus or adware. But i digress. The problem is that I'm almost 16 without a job, (I don't have time for one, and mother doesn't want me to get one) and my mother hates computers. She says that I spend too much time on the computer as it is, and is no no position to help me out financially. So, if any of you macaddicts want to help me out by donating to my cause, or have any ideas on what I could do, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
A P.C. user that hath seen the light.

P.S. Sorry for bad spelling.

EDIT: Please donate here: www.freewebs.com/cthsnowboarder

or dont... :eek:neye:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It looks like you have a major problem. You don't have time for a job and your mother does not want you to get one or have the funds available.

I saw this show on discovery called cha ching, where a family needed money for a given reason. In your case it is a new computer. They saved money. They cost their cost on things to save money. They sold stuff in order to get money.

So the question is if you are serious about this. You need to make some time, and find a way to make some money.

OP
H

hakenasse

rman said:
It looks like you have a major problem. You don't have time for a job and your mother does not want you to get one or have the funds available.

I saw this show on discovery called cha ching, where a family needed money for a given reason. In your case it is a new computer. They saved money. They cost their cost on things to save money. They sold stuff in order to get money.

So the question is if you are serious about this. You need to make some time, and find a way to make some money.

I'm trying to sell stuff, but it's hard, and I don't have alot to sell. I figured that if she could do it, that I could too.

OP
A

adiliegro

yeah, but SHES got major league yabos. Boobs, man, BOOBS! I'd give her a dollar. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
(irony)Oh sure, I've got an old Powerbook G4 lying around here that I'd love to donate to you! I'm sure if you were given a computer that would greatly improve your snowboarding skills thus giving you a shot at sponsorship! (/irony)

If your friend already is a mac user, get him to do the editing for you, pay him your pocketmoney if you want to and then buy a PB when you have a sponsor.

How old are you anyway? Try making a deal with your mom: If your grades stay the same, you get to take a job. If they start slipping, you have to quit.

As long as the schoolwork isn't neglected, I see no reason not to allow kids to get jobs (16+ teenagers obviously, not 8 yr. olds...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.