Locating a plug in(AU).

Reaction score
Hi, i am new in this forums, and i am new with mac too, i bought my first mac last week.

I am having some problems, when i install applications and plug ins(audio plug ins, AU) they just install themselves, i need to know where do they go, where i can locate them, if its a normal program they appear in Applications, then right click show packet content and i go right there... but when a plug in for audio is installed it isnt anywhere.

I would like to ask someone how do i get to the directory of an installed plug in, Using finder or using terminal.

I appreciate the answers :)

Sorry for my english, i am from argentina(my first language is spanish)

Reaction score
Different applications would have their plugins in different locations. It all depends on the app. What specific application are you trying to find the plugins for?

You could try doing a spotlight search for the plugins and see if anything comes up.

A good place to also try is in your home folder>application support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac PowerPc G4 1.25 GHZ Processor, 1Gb Ram
I know that with pro-tools theyre in the application support folder in your library

OP
S
Reaction score
Different applications would have their plugins in different locations. It all depends on the app. What specific application are you trying to find the plugins for?

You could try doing a spotlight search for the plugins and see if anything comes up.

A good place to also try is in your home folder>application support.

Yeah!! they are here :D

I simply wanted to add some Audio Samples(to Dimension pro). I only know that if they are not in its sample folder, the plug in wont add them. So i have to manually add them. I have done it in windows, but not in mac yet, i will try.

The Application is logic express. But the plug ins(in Au format or VST or RTAS) are installed independly.

Really thanks, now i can load some of my samples :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.