display problems

Reaction score
I have a thick black line going across the bottom of my screen, can anyone tell me what they think it is. I have enclosed a link with the pic of the problem.

DSC01682.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
My friend had a similar problem with his Macbook Pro. Try "massaging" the silver border of your screen (especially on the sides) and see if that brings back the picture at all. Think about giving it a Shiatsu massage, haha. If that works, you might have a faulty connection somewhere that needs to be repaired. If it doesn't...then unfortunately you might still have a faulty connection. Let us know.

Trent out

OP
J
Reaction score
I tried the massage and nothing... I even had some aroma therapy going and nothing. What connection do you think it might be? Could it be the LCD inverter?

Reaction score
i imagine it's not the inverter since you'd be able to see faint images in the lcd without the backlight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook1.83GHzC2D 4GB Ram 320GB HDD DL Superdrive iMac C2D 2GHz 3GB Ram 1TB HDD DL Superdrive
Have you tried connecting to an external display? If the same thing happens might be the GPU.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.