Apple Store shipping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm in the US and it was FedEx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 inch, white, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB,250GB Serial ATA Drive
I just ordered my Macbook - Custom Configuration. I have no idea where it is coming from yet - I imagine china. I am in Germany. It says that it will dispatch on April 18th. And take 10 days to arrive. I think if you order it as it comes it will ship in 24 hours with standard 5 days and give you the option to upgrade the shipping - but if you do a custom built it will take longer and it didn't give me the option to upgrade my shipping. Which is not nice because I am chomping at the bit.... :-( I want my MACBOOK !!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
I figured since this was a good thread about shipping that I'd keep anyone who is interested up on what mines doing.

It shipped out yesterday

Apr 15, 2008 6:14 PM

Left origin

MIDDLETOWN, PA

4:14 PM

Picked up

MIDDLETOWN, PA

5:08 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

What I don't understand though, is it's in PA like... less then a state away from me and it's not moved AT ALL today! Also, is it likely that I ordered it the 14th at like midnight and it got from China to PA by midnight? I mean it had to have been in PA or somewhere close because even by plane you can't get something from china to us so fast. At least I wouldn't think? it says origin PA

Reaction score
What I don't understand though, is it's in PA like... less then a state away from me and it's not moved AT ALL today! Also, is it likely that I ordered it the 14th at like midnight and it got from China to PA by midnight? I mean it had to have been in PA or somewhere close because even by plane you can't get something from china to us so fast. At least I wouldn't think? it says origin PA

The package data won't be updated anymore until late tonight. It's been picked up by FedEx and will really do nothing but ride around on a truck for several hours while the driver picks up more packages. Late tonight it will finally get moving.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
Everything I posted was wrong. I'm a fool. I had bought an optional heating pad with my MBP and I thought I was tracking the notebook but I was tracking the heating pad. Here is the correct information and it's taking a LOT longer then the other which arrived today.

Mind didn't even get shipped until the 17th and it's estimating the 23 when it is delivered which actually REALLY irks me because I paid the 2-3 days shipping 17-23 is 6 days right? What's up with that. And also, as I was confused before it is indeed coming from china.

Reaction score
Everything I posted was wrong. I'm a fool. I had bought an optional heating pad with my MBP and I thought I was tracking the notebook but I was tracking the heating pad. Here is the correct information and it's taking a LOT longer then the other which arrived today.

Mind didn't even get shipped until the 17th and it's estimating the 23 when it is delivered which actually REALLY irks me because I paid the 2-3 days shipping 17-23 is 6 days right? What's up with that.

Weekends don't count since they are not business days and FedEx does not ship on weekends. It still counts as 2-3 days. Never pay for 2-3 days shipping on a Thursday or Friday and never pay for overnight if you order on a Friday.

Reaction score
Never pay for 2-3 days shipping on a Thursday or Friday and never pay for overnight if you order on a Friday.

Well I suck because I just bought one and got 2-3 day shipping. Should've gotten something faster....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Oh i see, they only ship from china if you custom build them? Im just getting the black one with nothing added to it so hopefully it'd ship from cali.
It likely will ship from California. Yes, they are built in China, however, stock models are warehoused in California.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well I finally bought my 15" mbp. It shipped today. The FedEx tracking info says it's shipping out of Lewisberry, PA which is just south of Harrisburg. This is good for me since I live in western PA and it says it should be here tomorrow. Hooray.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.