new guy. PLEASE help

B

baluchitherium

Hi, I have a newer iBook....
(this is not a joke, btw)... tonight i have had a few drinks, and while working on my ibook it sort of froze up for a bit. in my drunken impatience i started pressing a large number of keys on the keyboard simultaneously and all of a sudden my screen went black and white and now resembles a backwards image, like a picture negative....

i've tried restarting, completely shutting down and restarting....not sure what to do...

i know it sounds a bit dumb, but can anyone help?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You know, it sounds like something may be bad with your display. I would maybe call Apple Care to see if it's covered under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
are you using OSX?
Because if you are you may have hit a key combo that turns on a handy capped visual helper :D

go to your system preferences. Click on Universal access. Defalt should be seeing, and click on one of those options...

If your on OS9.. um.. whoops on your part :D

OP
J

JazzTrpt

Yeah...I agree with Graphite. You probably hit control-option-command-* Just press that combo or go to system prefs and click on the rectangular box that says "Switch to Black on White".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
JazzTrpt said:
Yeah...I agree with Graphite. You probably hit control-option-command-* Just press that combo or go to system prefs and click on the rectangular box that says "Switch to Black on White".

wooooo i just tried that and that is pretttty cooool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lol :) yeah theres alot of tricks people dont know about mac.

If you think thats cool, work with the terminal a few hours and ull look at the world differently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Graphite said:
Lol :) yeah theres alot of tricks people dont know about mac.

If you think thats cool, work with the terminal a few hours and ull look at the world differently.

im a recent convert so i will have to find some reading on the terminal before i start messin round

OP
J

JazzTrpt

trpnmonkey41 said:
im a recent convert so i will have to find some reading on the terminal before i start messin round

I've been using OS X since I got my G4 and I never really gave Terminal a thought. Finally, I decided to check it out. So far, it's really really cool. I recommend checking out a book called "Learning Unix for Mac OS X" by Dave Taylor and Jerry Peek. It's a book for people who have never used UNIX and want to get a basic start in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya or O'Riellies. er somthing :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.