stacks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Hello,
I'm not sure if I've been asking too many questions on here, or just people don't have answers or what but no one seems to be answering me on my past 3 or 4 questions at all.

My question is...I have the photoshop suite on my computer and instead of having an icon for photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc all on my dock I want to make a folder on my stacks section of the dock so when i click it i have acess to all the programs. The problem is, if I try to make a copy of photoshop (presumably creating a shortcut in windows) it wants to make another copy of the file...and i cant just drag the file down there either. Anyone have suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I think this is what you are trying to do...

1. Make a folder on the desktop
2. Find the applications you want to put in the stack in Finder. Right click on them one at a time and Create an Alias. (this makes a shortcut, without copying the entire file)
3. Move all the aliases to the folder you created.
4. Move the folder to the right side of the dock where the stacks go.

And you can never ask too many questions...

Reaction score
I believe you can just drag the applications folder from the HD to the right hand side of the dock? I did it last night after watching the leopard introduction video

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.