Can I run Final Cut Studio on a MacBook

Reaction score
I see all manner of answer to this question... I've heard I wouldn't be able to install it because it checks to verify I have the minimum requirements... I've heard it works fine as long as I have 2gb of memory... and I've heard it wont start once installed because it lacks a seperate graphics card.

I'm wondering if I can install and run it on a macbook 2.16 with 2gb of memory. I know even if it works it might be slower than on a desktop... I can accept that part... but before I fork over money for it I want to verify it can run at all on what I would be putting it on.

Reaction score
I'm sitting here trying to remember if Final Cut Pro Studio checked my MacBook Pro whenever we installed it at the office....I can't remember, but I do know Final Cut would run pretty slow on the MacBooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
It won't run in a MacBook - it simply won't work on the GMA950. Fincal Cut Express does though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Final cut pro works on the macbook, My friend has it installed. Color and Motion won't install. DVD studio pro will. So will livetype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
From the horse's mouth:

Minimum Requirements to Install All Final Cut Studio Applications
  • A Macintosh computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • An AGP or PCI Express Quartz Extreme graphics card (Final Cut Studio is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)
  • A display with 1024-by-768 resolution or higher
  • Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
  • QuickTime 7.1.6 or later
  • A DVD drive for installation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
life, that's for installing ALL of the apps in the suite. As Powerbook mentioned, only Color and Motion really require an accelerated graphics card, the rest of the programs will install and run just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
life, that's for installing ALL of the apps in the suite. As Powerbook mentioned, only Color and Motion really require an accelerated graphics card, the rest of the programs will install and run just fine.

Oh really? Huh... you'd think they'd break it down more in that requirements page. Ah well... maybe I missed it. Thanx for setting me straight. :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6

Surely the point is that there is little point getting Pro over Express if you cannot use these apps?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.