Complete control over syncing my iTunes library to my iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
Hi all

I recently bought a 500GB external hard drive for my MacBook, and so decided to copy my whole iPod library to it. However, I really need it to be exactly the same library. That includes syncing playlists, ratings, amount of plays, latest added...etc...

How can I sync my iTunes playlist to my iPod so it's EXACTLY the same, without having to completely wipe my iPod each time.

I really don't no mutch about syncing and I'm a bit scarred of it :Blushing:.

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks alot

Zacariem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Well, the first time you sync to a playlist, it will overwrite your whole iPod. However, after that first step, it will just change exactly depending on what you change in your iTunes library. You delete a song off your library, next time you plug in your iPod that song will be gone. You change tags on the song, they will change tags on your iPod. Don't know what else you are asking. Have a great day :)

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
Is their a way to sync the other way? For example, if I rate a song on my iPod, can I sync that to my iTunes library? and if I rate a song on my iTunes library, can I sync that to my iPod?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.