• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The whole Bluetooth Thingy!?!?!?!

Reaction score
Ok... now my question is, What is Bluetooth? I heard about the bluetooth apple mouse thast wireless. Now the wireless mouse i have now (on my pc) has a little usb thing. You plug it into the keyboard and mosue slots and a little thing sits under the desk to pick up a signal. Now with bluetooth, if its built in to an iMac and i were to buy a bluetooth wireless apple mouse, would it need a reciever, or when you get the mouse, does it just recognize the built in bluetooth and pick up a signal and start working. Im confused... :eek: Does it still need a reciever to pick up a signal, or is the internal bluetooth in the Mac a replacement?

Thanks...... I treid to keep it breif.... :teen:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
shaun89 said:
Ok... now my question is, What is Bluetooth? I heard about the bluetooth apple mouse thast wireless. Now the wireless mouse i have now (on my pc) has a little usb thing. You plug it into the keyboard and mosue slots and a little thing sits under the desk to pick up a signal. Now with bluetooth, if its built in to an iMac and i were to buy a bluetooth wireless apple mouse, would it need a reciever, or when you get the mouse, does it just recognize the built in bluetooth and pick up a signal and start working. Im confused... :eek: Does it still need a reciever to pick up a signal, or is the internal bluetooth in the Mac a replacement?

Thanks...... I treid to keep it breif.... :teen:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bluetooth is like inferred but a heck of a lot faster and stronger. You can connect to other devices like in a 40-foot radius. You can transfer files and I believe share Internet with another computer. I have a Bluetooth phone so I can connect to the Internet wirelessly and it uses my minutes (free night and weekends!!) You don’t need a receiver if u gets an apple Bluetooth mouse. It’s built in so the receiver is in the computer.

They also have bluetooth printers cameras ....

I love it... No wires :cool:

M

m1k

Just thought I'd mention: What kind of Mac do you have? If you have one of the later PowerBooks, Bluetooth is built-in, otherwise you need a USB Bluetooth Adapter.

I've heard that there's a lag between mouse presses and your comp interpreting this with a Bluetooth mouse, that's the only reason I haven't bought one for my PowerBook. I'm not sure if this is true, though...

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
I dont even have a mac. Now im dissapointed that the iMac G4 is out at future shop...it WAS only 1599 CAN. So ya i was jsut wondering before i bought one. THanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
m1k said:
Just thought I'd mention: What kind of Mac do you have? If you have one of the later PowerBooks, Bluetooth is built-in, otherwise you need a USB Bluetooth Adapter.

I've heard that there's a lag between mouse presses and your comp interpreting this with a Bluetooth mouse, that's the only reason I haven't bought one for my PowerBook. I'm not sure if this is true, though...

I have BT mouse and keyboard, and the response time is exactly the same. Technically speaking, the difference in response time between BT and wired is so slight, that a human can not possibly pick it up....

Trust me..BT is AWESOME!!! :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.