Keyboard Covers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I-Mac G4,13"Macbook
New to Macs,I put a keyboard cover on Macbook Pro and someone told me that they breath via keyboard,Is a keyboard cover and speck see-thourgh cover a bad idea.

Thanks
clcarter

Reaction score
I don't think that is entirely true. The mbp has a fan in each side, cooling the heatsinks connected the the chips on the motherboard (the cpu and gpu). Of course, the mbp is made of aluminum which is excellent at disposing heat, so some of the heat is disposed though the casing itself, and the keyboard. That's at least for the new ones.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Edit, isn't the ibook / powerbook / whatever it was called (mbp's ancestor) made of aluminum as well?

Reaction score
New to Macs,I put a keyboard cover on Macbook Pro and someone told me that they breath via keyboard,Is a keyboard cover and speck see-thourgh cover a bad idea.

Thanks
clcarter

Yo, I'm using an iSkin arctic on my MBP, having installed an app to measure temperature, it doesn't seem to effect it very much at all, it seems much the same with it on or off. ;D

The only bad thing about the iSkin is that it'll leave marks on your screen when it's closed if you don't clean it every now and then :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I would think that there's plenty of opening for air movement via the speaker grills?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.