Uninstalled Little Snitch but UI Agent still going?

Reaction score
I have an OS X with all updates. I uninstalled Little Snitch because, honestly, I do not really understand what I should/should not allow. For instance, about five screens popped up when I tried logging into Yahoo IM, this forum, thunderbird, firefox, etc.

Anyway, even though I removed the entire application with folders to the trash and emptied it securely, and even upon restarting my computer , afterwards...the UI Agent is still up and running and the same things are popping up (only because I wasn't sure which choice to make or for how long to allow it, so I choose "allow" using no port and "until quit". I went to applications and Little Snitch and did a force quit. I have used spotlight to search for any leftovers of Little Snitch to no avail...I am on the free trial version.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, were you able to resolve it? My three hours is up and over too, btw.

Also, could someone please help me to understand the following screen shot? False domain? I use Firefox and have siteadvisor and WOT installed to prevent phishing. Perhaps it is nothing but I could use a bit of knowledge nonetheless.

***Updated...still having pop-ups even though I forced quit Little Snitch. The second picture is a screen shot of my firewall settings.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Your best bet would to be re-install it, then use their uninstaller.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks quilio...that worked perfectly. Maybe Little Snitch is not the program for those of us who do not understand what programs to allow or not. If Yahoo would have only popped up once that would not be hard for me but five times during sign-up? And, especially after the first screen I posted showing a false domain for Yahoo I got a bit nervous. I didn't know which ones for the same program to allow or not. KWIM?

Thanks again. :)

Reaction score
Little Snitch Full Uninstall!

Yes, the last poster is correct. I had the same problem (Quite Annoying). I trashed the app plus EVERYTHING associated with it. Note that I have two users on my mac. My user (where initially installed) it was completely gone. The other user, my wife's, still had crap popping up all over the place from Little Snitch. As you did, a spotlght search found NOTHING for little snitch. Very odd. The only place a shell of it was in the top mac menu, although none of the preferences worked for it (because they were long gone). Anyway, here is the absolute solution:

Go to reinstall Little Snitch. Even though it is not, apparently a particle of the original install is somewhere hidden on your system. So, when trying to install, it will notify you that it is already installed. In the same message window, an UNINSTALL button is an option. Click it, confirm that you want to uninstall everything, and bam, the Little Pest is gone for good to digital heaven (or h*ll in this case).
I find it funny that this forum censors the word associated with the opposite of heaven. Is Tipper Gore a moderator?? ha ha.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I find it funny that this forum censors the word associated with the opposite of heaven. Is Tipper Gore a moderator?? ha ha.

No, but we do pride ourselves on being a family-friendly forum. There are members of all ages here, so we try to keep the language to a "G" rating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.