Photoshop like program

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a program similar to photoshop yet less detailed and therefore and legal to downlad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "legal to download", but I'd recommend Photoshop Elements 6.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Gimp

Gimp is free and equal to PS;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Gimp is free and equal to PS;D

Not sure I would go so far as to call The Gimp equal to PS, but it's certainly comparable.

There are quite a few great image editing programs for OS X. If you want something simple, Paintbrush is a clone of MS Paint.

The Gimp for Mac is a great image editor also, but since it wasn't natively written for Mac, it has some rough edges and doesn't integrate as seamlessly with the OS.

Pixelmator is getting a lot of great reviews lately and is a relative bargain compared to PS. Definitely worth a look at the trial.

Another awesome product (IMO) is ArtRage, but that's more aimed at art projects - still, pretty awesome and worth a look.

Reaction score
Photo shop is generally the program to use. There are others such as gimp but from what I have read there not considered as good.

OP
S
Reaction score
I must be stupid or something but I can't figure out how to download the mac version of GIMP from the program's website. could somebody guide me through this?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I must be stupid or something but I can't figure out how to download the mac version of GIMP from the program's website. could somebody guide me through this?

Click on this link. The other site (Mac GIMP) is some sort of scam to get you to pay a fee to download it.

My bad, didn't realize that wasn't an "official" download site.

OP
S
Reaction score
It didn't work for me. i think that it wants me to use leopard. i use 10.4. does anybody know where i can get a version of this that will work for 10.4.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It didn't work for me. i think that it wants me to use leopard. i use 10.4. does anybody know where i can get a version of this that will work for 10.4.

It will work for 10.4, but you do have to have X11 installed first. It's one of the optional installs from your 10.4 disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.