Setting Up Time Capsule - Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel 2GB RAM Leopard
Wondering if you could help in a similar way. I am trying to use the 1TB of HD space of my Time capsule not for Time Machine but as a wireless HD that i can keep all my media. My goal is to be able to keep all my movies, and music on my time capsule and use itunes to keep it managed. Then i use my appleTv to watch my movies. I've tried changing the router to N but the video is still choppy. I am curious if running itunes on TC and linking it to AppleTV would be possible. If not I would love to hear any suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
All the TC setting went fine.. but ...
When i tried to backup thru Time machine i got this message:
The backup disk image could not be mounted.:(
how can i solve this?
by the way, i took screenshots of this msg but couldn't know how to attach it here.
Any way, i am un able to back up thru TC :(

also just now got a new window msg it says:

Server connection interrupted : Time Capsule Disk
and inside it a small windows box that i have to press ..it is (Disconnect)

Plz help me

Note: i am connected to the internet thru the new network i created by TC (even so it became much slower than thru my Router)

try this and do the first backup with the ethernet cable , turn off the wireless(Airport) on your macbook.

Open Airport Utility
Click on 'Manual Setup' on the left botton corner of the AIrport utility
On the top you will see 'Airport', 'Internet', Printers, Disks. Here go to disks and you will see your Time capsule's 1TB disk and you will see an option to ERASE. Click that and wait until you are done. This will give you a brand new TC disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Wondering if you could help in a similar way. I am trying to use the 1TB of HD space of my Time capsule not for Time Machine but as a wireless HD that i can keep all my media. My goal is to be able to keep all my movies, and music on my time capsule and use itunes to keep it managed. Then i use my appleTv to watch my movies. I've tried changing the router to N but the video is still choppy. I am curious if running itunes on TC and linking it to AppleTV would be possible. If not I would love to hear any suggestions.

I dont know about apple tv but I keep all my media in the TC and stream it on my Macbook Air. No problems with that. I dont see why apple tv woudnt work the same way unless the TC is out of range. In that case you can try changing the postions of your TC. And if you live in wireless crowded area try changing the channel on your base station.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro -17"
all my problems has been solved and everything is working properly

Thank you mojonandha

I should call you Mr. Expert :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro -17"
what about my old files i did back up in my old Hard Disk thru Time Machine, how can i put them in TC?
and will they work with the new back up i did in TC ?
Plz advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what about my old files i did back up in my old Hard Disk thru Time Machine, how can i put them in TC?
and will they work with the new back up i did in TC ?
Plz advice

you can copy and paste them into your TC. But it would not be restorable using Time Machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont know about apple tv but I keep all my media in the TC and stream it on my Macbook Air. No problems with that. I dont see why apple tv woudnt work the same way unless the TC is out of range. In that case you can try changing the postions of your TC. And if you live in wireless crowded area try changing the channel on your base station.

Could you tell me what setting you have for the base station and anything else you feel is helpful. And just to be clear, you are able to use video media seamlessly with your TC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have it configured in bridge mode and i have my TC in the same room as i have my macbook so i can stream my vids just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that did it. I didn't have my MBP in the same room. Works great. thats why Imastupidaso

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that did it. I didn't have my MBP in the same room. Works great. thats why Imastupidaso

Your vids should stream as long as your airport has a decent signal from the TC. Doesnt really have to be the same room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
heres a question... So i set up my Time Capsule and got it all going with no network security because I really don't need it. So now I have two problems!! My xbox 360 and my Wii both are not online anymore. My PS3 and mac and other computers are doing awesome!! but not the other consoles? Anyone know what I need to do here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
heres a question... So i set up my Time Capsule and got it all going with no network security because I really don't need it. So now I have two problems!! My xbox 360 and my Wii both are not online anymore. My PS3 and mac and other computers are doing awesome!! but not the other consoles? Anyone know what I need to do here?

If xbox 360 is wireless capable, then you just need to join the network you created when setting up the TC, or you could just take an ethernet cable and stick it one of the LAN ports in the TC and the other end to the xbox 360. Do the same with the Wii.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
If xbox 360 is wireless capable, then you just need to join the network you created when setting up the TC, or you could just take an ethernet cable and stick it one of the LAN ports in the TC and the other end to the xbox 360. Do the same with the Wii.

I have tried this. I am not knew to routers but I am new to apple routers. I tried a wired connection and a wireless but neither would allow the Xbox or Wii to connect, only the PS3. No one else has this problem/experience?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I googled for "xbox 360 time capsule" and it seems there has been lots of discussion around this and someone has mentioned that older xbox 360's doesnt play nice with the TC. GOOGLE NOW to find out more.

And also try selecting only b/g in the airport utility coz your wireless adapter for xbox 360 probably doesnt support the N standard.

After connecting the ethernet cables on both ends (TC and 360) do you see xbox resolving any kind of ip address? have you set it to get ip automatically through DHCP?

Reaction score
Just jumped ship from Windows, and absolutely loving my MBP.

Thanks for all the help in setting up the Time Capsule:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just jumped ship from Windows, and absolutely loving my MBP.

Thanks for all the help in setting up the Time Capsule:)

Welcome to the world of Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
I googled for "xbox 360 time capsule" and it seems there has been lots of discussion around this and someone has mentioned that older xbox 360's doesnt play nice with the TC. GOOGLE NOW to find out more.

And also try selecting only b/g in the airport utility coz your wireless adapter for xbox 360 probably doesnt support the N standard.

After connecting the ethernet cables on both ends (TC and 360) do you see xbox resolving any kind of ip address? have you set it to get ip automatically through DHCP?

I will give these all a shot... havent had my 360 on in forever wow

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and new to MAC. I just bought a Time Capsule this weekend for my wife's Macbook. We have verizon fios which has one box which is the modem and the wireless box. I was able to connect the Time Capsule to the existing network wirelessly as an extender. I chose options 1 (I have a wireless network and want to add Time Capsule to it) and then 2 (have Time Capsule join network wirelessly) on the Time Capsule setup. I have 2 PCs--1 connected by ethernet and one connected by wireless. My PC with the ethernet connection connected directly to the version modem works just fine. But, now I am unable to connect to my network wirelessly with my other PC (laptop). THe error I get says "limited or no connectivety". I can join the network but it just doesn't connect. When I unplug the Time Capsule, I can connect wirelessly to the network without any problems.

I really don't need the N network and just want to keep getting my wireless from my verizon box. I just want my wife's Macbook to be able to backup and print wirelessly. I googled my problem and I found this series of posts. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank mojonandha for providing those invaluable instructions on setting up the Time Capsule & getting Time Machine to work with it.

I had been fighting with my Time Capsule to work until I came across this post. After following mojonandha's instructions, I finally saw the green light on my Time Capsule for the first time. It was such a relief.

So again, mojonandha thank you.

P.S. Moderators, you might want to consider making mojonandha post a sticky so that others can find it easier -- if it hasn't been done yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.