Mac is like a SPOILED BRAT

Reaction score
Good. i got your attention. ( all men are the same )
Hi, i love designing / animation / audio and i am wondering what is the best choice between:
Imac
Processor: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB of GDDR3 memory
or
Macbook Pro?
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processorRAM: 2GB of 667 MHz DDR2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB GDDR3 memory

im planning to run final cut 2, vector design, logic pro, photoshop cs3, flash and cinema 4 (3D)

Thank you,
Aiyong O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
do you need/want it to be portable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'd get the imac (24" i'm assuming) and enjoy the faster hard drive (I'd also get a larger than stock drive, but that's me). I'd also fully populate it with ram from someone like OWC or crucial.. and still be under the cost of an entry level macbook pro (which, I quite like mine.. but I need portability)

OP
M
Reaction score
YES! Thank you suggesting that. I was actually thinking the exact samething. Will add more rams. Good i can save up some cash too. Macbook is good and looks sexy, however the price isnt so sexy.

Reaction score
I'll admit it, the title got me too.

I had a similar issue but portability was a factor (uni student in september), so I chose the macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
You expect a lot of help by "tricking" men to open your thread?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro core duo 2GHz, silver iMac 24" core 2 duo 2.4GHz..... I'm a Mac ;)
i have both a macbook pro and a 24" iMac with 2gb of ram, both running adobe cs3 creative suite and more. love my macbook pro as it is portable and so much more practical, but the iMac is just do big. and all that screen space is extremely handy when doing any form of editing, and it looks beautiful. but if you go with iMac, your better off getting the 24", as the screen is better.
hope it helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.