Closing Speech Recognition Circle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
I was messing around with the speech recognition feature, which I just recently discovered I had, and this circle comes up that lets you know when it is hearing your voice. But now I want it to go away, and I can't figure out how. The best I can do is send it to the right-side of the dock, but how can I just close out of it? I really wouldn't use speech recognition much at all, so it's just in the way now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
As far as I know it's there until you turn Speech Recognition off.

OP
MikeIsGood
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
Simple solution for a now embarrassing question. I was trying/expecting to close out of it like it was some kind of program and I was confused. Should have thought more basically, I suppose. But I'm just glad it's gone, now. Thanks :Smirk:

Reaction score
Universal Access

Babu Use universal Access
Go to System Prefrences
then to speech
then to Text to speech
then to universal access
where you will find check boxes to solve your problem!!!!
:)

Reaction score
Well I have the same problem now and now matter how many things I tick "off" the bloody circle is still annoying me there :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.