some kind of hack!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I am using firefox as a web browser. I went to weebly.com (free website/blog site) and after entering my password and log in name it redirected me to darkmindz.com....some kind of hacking site??

Does this page now have my password and account information for that site? I'm not able to change the password because anytime i try to log in it redirects me. Does it have any of my other passwords etc??

Has anyone had this experience?

Thank you

Reaction score
Are you on a Mac?
Because I really doubt it has anything.
But just to be sure I wouldn't go back on the site.

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I do have a mac. I'm thinking more of like an online hack nothing to do with mac...somehow grabbed my sn...thats what the site looks like it does pretty much. in the process of changing all of my passwords over now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Does this redirection happen with any other sites?

Test this out, if it is just that site only, then their webpages have been hacked.

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, it is only their site. I figure since after I typed in my password it may have hacked it, and since all my other passwords everywhere were the same, I changed them all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Good idea. I usually have 3 passwords: one that is used only for my online bank accounts and credit card access, one for e-mail and critical online accounts (my Blog, etc.) and one for anything I'm signing up for online (web services, online stores, etc).

I would NEVER recommend using the same password that you use for your e-mail account - especially if it's Gmail, Hotmail, etc - for anything you sign up for online. Who knows who has access to that information?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.