Switcher having problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just purchased a new Macbook Pro last week and I am kicking myself for not making the switch sooner. My only complaint right now is that I can't seem to figure out how to get it to print to my HP 1410v that I have connected to an Airport Express. My wife has an older Macbook that prints to it just fine and we also have a PC that prints with no problems. I've searched the forums, googled, and tried all suggestions but to no avail. Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks everyone.

CliffSCCA

Reaction score
Hey! Welcome to Mac-Forums! Not really sure what you have tried so let me ask a few questions:

1) Assuming you are trying to print from the MacBook Pro wirelessly--have you set up your AirPort Express for wireless printing?

2) Have you installed the appropriate drivers for the printer on your MacBook Pro?

3) May want to check and see if you have Printer Sharing and Windows Sharing turned on, and that the printer is set up to be shared.

Good luck <><

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the quick response.

The Airport Express is set for wireless printing. My wife's Macbook and our PC desktop can both print wirelessly throught the Airport Express.

I have a disk that I ordered from HP that supposedly has the current drivers on it. I tried installing the software but for some reason, when the software scans the network for the printer to install, it can't find it.

I have read that OS X 10.5 has the print driver included with it but when I set it up through Bonjour, it never lists that particular driver. Just a bunch of other HP printers.

I also tried looking on the HP website and downloading the drivers and software. This didn't work either.

The thing that amazes me is that when I set up our PC and the other Macbook, it worked like a charm but with a newer Mac, it's giving me fits.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If it works on one Mac and not the other, perhaps you can check which driver is being used on the Mac that prints properly...

M

MacHeadCase

There's a solution to this problem on Apple Discussions right here. Looks like maybe the drivers HP gave you might not be the latest version.

BTW, is your wife's MacBook running Leopard (OS X 10.5.x) as well or is she still using OS X 10.4.x Tiger ?

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got it to work. I ended up selecting the driver for the Deskjet D1400 series and now it prints just fine. What a pain but at least it works. Hopefully HP will come out with a driver that supports network printing for OS X 10.5. Thanks so much for everyones help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.