Time Capsule

Reaction score
I have an iMac, OSX 10.5.2 and recently purchased the Time Capsule. Had some problems getting it going but now it is running smoothly and I love it.
The problem I have is that I would like to use the Time Capsule as my wireless system in my home. I presently have a 2Wire which was provide by my internet provider. As you know, the Time Capsule does not have an input for a telephone connection so how do I get to use it? Just to clarify, I did have it working once as a wireless provider for the house but I was getting error messages in time machine the the back up failed. Any ideas. Thank you.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Talkingstone.

I've not gone Leopard yet so Time Capsule is a mystery to me. I just looked at Apple/Support for Time Capsule and I was thinking maybe you could have a look at some of those troubleshooting topics (to find out why the wireless network didn't work properly) till a helpful member dropped in here to help you.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Do you know the model of your 2Wire Modem?

The Time Capsule is like the Airport Extreme and any normal router and needs a DSL or Cable modem to work on the internet. Your 2Wire is the Modem but also might contain a router. With most you can disable the router part and use the 2Wire as a modem with a Time Capsule. If you can give me the model number so I can check if it out for you and give you instructions.

OP
Talkingstone
Reaction score
Time Capsule problem

Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Do you know the model of your 2Wire Modem?

The Time Capsule is like the Airport Extreme and any normal router and needs a DSL or Cable modem to work on the internet. Your 2Wire is the Modem but also might contain a router. With most you can disable the router part and use the 2Wire as a modem with a Time Capsule. If you can give me the model number so I can check if it out for you and give you instructions.
Thanks for the speedy reply, the model number is; 2700. My provider is Telus here in Canada.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does it say 2700HG by any chance? Trying to get you the proper instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.