no organizer for Mac Photoshop Elements 6.0?

Reaction score
I just moved from PC to Mac and I enjoyed PSE 5.0 so much that I automatically ordered PSE 6.0 with the new Mac.

It looks as if the organizer is not part of the Mac version. (if I am wrong, please let me know!) What I liked was the ability to have the tagging, album creation editing, importation and all the creative stuff in the same application. iPhoto is very limited, and I no desire to switch around to multiple apps to accomplish what I could do before.

The keyword assignment in Bridge is limiting to say the least and certainly not at the same level as it is in organizer. I just dont understand why it forces you to use the iPhoto to organize. Why cant I have a choice? I am tempted to return PSE 6.0, get the windows version and use it through windows on my mac. I would be open to any other suggestions or comments.

LWC

Reaction score
Nope no organizer in PSE 6.0 for Mac.
They figure that most people will be using iPhoto to organize their photos.
You don't have to use iPhoto, you can always create dedicated folders to sort your photos and use Bridge to sort through them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There are literally dozens of photo organizer programs out there, so the lack of one in PE6 shouldn't be a concern. Frankly, even though I have Photoshop CS2, I never use Bridge. I might be inclined to if it wasn't so darn slow, but since it is, I use a hand managed set of folders to keep everything organized. I like this anyway, as it is not tied in to any one vendor's program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
YOu cna use iPhoto, and in preferences set Elements to be your external editor, and then when you go to edit, Elements will open, you can edit, and when you save the photo will go back to its rightful place in the highly organized iPhoto Library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.