Better deals, online or at the store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
I'm still looking for the best deal possible on the macbook pro I want to get. I'm noticing that everywhere pretty much sells them for the same price. The only place I haven't looked is at the Apple Store. Which about an hour from here. So does anyone know if they offer you better deals, or coupons or anything in the store, then they would online?

So far I've checked Newegg, Bestbuy, Apple Store Online, and refurbish center.

Oh and one other question. Gonna sound REALLLLY stupid but I was watching youtube videos about the mbp and so someone unpackage a refurbished one. I was really surprised to see that it doesn't come in the cool apple box, with the stickers and what not. I was reading their refurbishing guidelines and it states "is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.)." But you don't get a new box... can you trust refurbished products from apple? I know a box isn't a big deal, but it's just weird that it wouldn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
Apple's pricing policy does mean that as far as new macs are concerned, their price is what it's going for everywhere. You won't get a better deal anywhere, to be honest, SORRY ^^' but it's ok cus that now means you don't have to mish out to your local apple store (although I do xDD and it's further away than an hour, it's 2 and a half ;))

And I've never really looked into refurb so sorry but I'm going to have to leave that question in the capable hands of this forum.

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
There are 100 happy refurb owners on this forum for every 1 with a horror story. However, there are also 100 owners of brand new Macs for every 1 with a horror story. I have yet to see someone post a horror story about buying a refurb Mac from Apple. (I've never searched though, there probably is one somewhere.) I have seen many posts recommending buying refurb though. I say go for it. I bought new because of the same concerns, however, I think I will probably buy refurbished next time if they have what I want available.

And yes, from what I've heard, they come in a plain brown cardboard box. Incidentally, if anyone bought a refurbished white MacBook and is heartbroken over this, I will be happy to sell you my beautiful empty box for $50 w/ free shipping!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.