Spaces and MS Word 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
I don't think that MS Word 2008 plays nicely with Spaces. When I assign Word to Space 3 it doesn't work. Word will open on top of any application in any space that is currently open. After working with Word for a few minutes and switching between spaces Word will eventually freeze up and not accept any input until I turn Spaces off.

I have tried to assign Word to "All Spaces" and that doesn't even work. It looks like MS put out another poorly written application.

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmm

i feel your pain brother..

i keep mine on space 2 and the little toolbox always wants to jump over to space 1 every now and again ..
i just hit fn +F8 (spaces) and then c (which collects all the apps to space 1)
then i hit c again to reverse that

the toolbox and word both go back to space 2

a pain .. yes but hopefully theyll fix it !!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
calcalcal, i'll have to try that trick, thanks for posting it. my experience is that my palette box completely disappears; on a similar note, how the **** do you install the UPDATES for office 2008??? i've read a couple different things; one was saying that you had to go in and edit some code. The other was saying that you have to install EACH subsequent update, because you need the last update to install the new one... any easier way of doing this??

Reaction score
Temp Solution

Found this thread when I started experiencing the same issue. If you close the "formatting palette", that solves the problem for me; I mostly use the toolbars anyway. For some reason, the palettes seem anchored to either screen 1 or whatever screen Word was started in. Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.