Problems installing Tiger Help Please

Reaction score
I've got a technical question for you, I know you love them. I've got a G5 with dual duo core 2.66 processors and 8GB of RAM, the RAM says Crucial on the top so I dont think its the original RAM.
The problem is I zeroed the harddrive but now I cant reinstall Tiger 10.4.7 it gets to the preparing to install stage but after the initiAl preparing to install stage has reached 100% it fails and says "There were errors during the installation...Please try again." any help would be much appreciated as I'm gonna throw my computer out the window very soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day George and welcome to the Forums.

You are using an Intel model;? If so the Tiger disk should have come with it? Trust you are not using another model specific grey colored install DVD.

Throw it hard to reach Australia will you mate?

OP
G
Reaction score
Yeah I'm using an Intel Model. I bought it second hand, I'm not sure if the Tiger disk was the original to come with the computer. The disk is grey in colour. Are there different versions of Mac os x for the Intel models

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The install will only work if the disc was supplied with that model and that model only which may be doubtful by the sound of the trouble you are having George. From memory, which is getting slower and slower, the Intel Combo Updater was 10.4.11 only

If you want to use Tiger suggest look for what is known as a full retail install DVD, which is a black colored disc, however personally with your beautiful machine I think Leopard will be a great investment for years to come.

Here is a link to discussion on Tiger on intel machines.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=633164

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.