Website titles in iWeb 08

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone tell me how to get a decent website title to appear in the top of the browsers when using iweb08?

for instance these pages of this website has "Mac-Forums.com - Post New Thread" as I post this new thread ;)

and Autotrader.co.uk has "Autotrader UK - Buy & Sell New & Used Cars" etc etc

Is there a way to put a custom title for the website in that position using iWeb??

Thanks in advance

Stu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
Welcome to the Forums!

In iWeb 08, the titles are contained in the sidebar on the left side of iWeb. In that side bar is a tree, showing you the structure of your website.

If you Secondary Click (aka Right Click) on the page name, then select "Rename", you can change the name to whatever you want. Once you publish your site, that name will now be the same thing written in the title bar of the browser. This includes the default name of your website which is "Site". It can be renamed too.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for that, not sure I made my question clear

I understand I can rename a page, but thats not the same as giving the whole site a title, regardless of what page you are on.

Its useful for listing in search engines and there must be a way of doing it?!?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.