Having trouble downloading mp3s from website

Reaction score
hi all,

i'm new to mac and having some issues downloading mp3s from my own website. here's the story.

i am a musician and i am currently working on creating a website where people can download my music for free in mp3 format. while testing links the other day on my PC i had no problems downloading the mp3's from my music page. i'd simply click on the link and a window would pop up saying "open with..." or "save as...". ok, no sweat. but when i tried it on my Mac, no window came up but instead quicktime opened and played the mp3 as a audio/mpeg object which i can only download if i upgrade to quicktime pro. not cool.

while still using the mac, i then tried clicking on my mp3 links on my soundclick and myspace sites but instead of launching quicktime a window came up with the "open with.."/save as..." prompt like i wanted.

now, my question is this. how do i get my mac to respond to the mp3 download procedure on my website the same way it does on the myspace and soundclick sites? i know for a fact that i uploaded mp3s and i want mac users to be able to download them just as easily as PC users. any help would be appreciated!

thanks,
jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD
Instead of clicking on the file to open it in quicktime, try right clicking it or the link, that should give you the option to "save link as".

OP
P
Reaction score
i use a laptop so how do i right click on something? do i press the open apple or shift or something?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
crtl click. If a newer mac then 2 finger click.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.