10.1 to 10.1.5 update problem

Reaction score
I'm trying to update to 10.1.5. My Software Update is saying my software is
up-to-date, so I have to manually install. From the Apple site, I've
gathered that I have to first install the Security Update 7-18-02. Which I
have done. When I try to install 10.1.5, I get the message "Installer Update is
required for this update." Well Apple says Security Update should have
updated the Installer and NOT to go back and install any previous versions
of the Installer. I've done everything in the correct order according to the Chart of Available Software Updates. Any ideas?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
All I can think of is down load a fresh security update and re-install it. Just in case there was something wrong with the previous update.

OP
D
Reaction score
rman said:
All I can think of is down load a fresh security update and re-install it. Just in case there was something wrong with the previous update.
Life is beautiful. Thank you so much rman :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
No problem, glad I was able to help :)

R

R0B3RTL

rman said:
No problem, glad I was able to help :)

I'm having the same problem on an iMac. Downloading a fresh security update doesn't help. Any thoughts?

edit: This is on a 233MHz G3 iMac with a CD tray (not slot loading). It has 288 MB RAM. The machine ID is 406.

This issue came to light when the new HP 6210 all-in one wouldn't print. It needs OS 10.1.5. I had loaded 10.1 and the security update and a copy of IE 5.2.3 then loaded the HP software. The HP installer told me that the right system software was not in place.

I'm going to start over with a re-load of 10.1 and see if I can make any headway from there.

Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Green iMac G3, 512MB RAM, 40GB, 450MHz, DVD-Rom ; iBook G3 800Mhz, 384MB RAM, DVD-R/W, Airport Card
Same Thingish

I am having the same problem. I have Mac OS X 10.1 installed, I installed the security update 7-18-02, and when I try to install the Installer Update, I can get to the place to select the drive, and my drive is grayed out.

I am trying to install the Mac OS X 10.1.5 combo update. I am sort of new to the Mac OS, seeing as how I ran Debian on this iMac I got. By the way, my Mac is an iMac G3 450MHz with 512MB, slot loading DVD-Rom of course; The green one.

Any insight on this would be of great help.

Thanks.
Kevin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.