Ubuntu 8 beta?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Has any one tried it yet and what did you think??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
(Well, I'll give this a little bump.)

I don't like betas, but I have been waiting for the next official release. It's been a year since I've run Linux at home, though I use it extensively at work (Red Hat Enterprise). I'm planning on adding a spare 200G (or is it 250G?) hard drive to the Dell and playing with it. I'll use Ubuntu vs Kubuntu, as I use Gnome at work. (I never liked KDE, though I don't much like Gnome either.)

Fwiw, my distro of choice in the past was SuSE, running enlightenment wm. However, SuSE messed around with their installation process in ways that eventually gave me the incentive to come to Mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I liked SuSE as well. The only thing that I didnt like was the Yast boot manager. Not very good at the time. I did download the Kubuntu 8 beta with KDE 4. Pretty nice overall but still some bloat-ware. 250 GB ? Sounds like fun to me. Im running it on 12 just to see if I like it before I scrap windows

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.