Uninstalling Apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I'm also new with the Macs. I have been uninstalling apps by dragging them into appzapper and it works okay. But I've been reading in this forum about programs/apps having their own uninstaller. Where do you look for or find the uninstaller first to see if a program has one? In windows I knew where to look,but never gave it a thought on how to do it with a Mac. Thanks for a reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Some mac apps have uninstallers, some don't.

But you are using app zapper, which will work fine

Most of the time you can just trash the app, but at least app zapper does the job of deleting library files and prefs as well

I think you are doing just fine with your current method

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply, so I guess just dragging the app to appzapper removes all if not most traces of the program. But when a program has it's own uninstaller where would I look for it? If a program has it's own uninstaller I'd prefer to use it first. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Look in your Applications folder. Usually programs with uninstallers create a subfolder in to hold their contents including the uninstaller.

Reaction score
just uninstalled adobe potoshop cs3, i use its installer. when clicked, 2 option will apear. repair or uninstall.

Reaction score
A good rule of thumb is that if an app used an installer to install, than it'll probably come with an unistaller.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you all for your responses. I'm only into my 3rd month using a Mac so I still have a lot to learn but every day I'm learning something new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.