• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Waiting for the Macbook Fair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Fair, as in fair price, fair performance, fairocious little laptop! My new 15" MBP should be arriving any day now, and I have NO regrets at all. But, if I didn't need an all in one system (i.e. had a stable place, and could get an 24" iMac plus a ultra mobile laptop, I would want something like the new HP 2133 mininote, but Apple of course:) That thing looks sweet! 8.9" screen, 92% full size keyboard with nice action (apparently), lighter than the Air, and at $499 to $750 or something, a sixth to a third the price! Sure it would only be great for note taking, surfing, and light tasks, but that's just what I'd want. It looks so much better than any other UMPC I've seen so far. So come on Apple, where's the Fair?

OK in reality, maybe the iNote would be a better name... iPad, or maybe iNovella, yeah!

OP
riverteeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Thin doesn't do it for me as much as light, and minimal enough to be affordable on top of a desktop. I know thin is in but...

But actually, I agree with a post I just read in this forum about the dreamed of "iNav" (a great idea by the way); basically, Apple should probably just focus on doing a few things well. If they listed to everyone who wanted an Apple this and an Apple that, pretty soon they'd be making toasters and sneakers, and nothing would be as nice as it is now. So thanks to bootcamp, maybe my future holds a Mac and a non-apple UMPC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.