Firefox 3.5 beta won't work

Reaction score
Hi,

It's not so much that Firefox 3 beta won't work, it's just that it's slow as molasses. I have been scouring the net trying to find a reason why and how to fix it, but I seem to be the only one with this problem. I tried it on my Windows XP PC, and it works just fine there.

If you need to know more about my mac, I have a new macbook (bought in February) with:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory
250GB hard drive
Leopard pre-installed.

(I don't know if you need to know anything more; I just switched over and know relatively little about dealing with software problems, period.)

Please help! I want that super-fast Firefox!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you tried removing it and installing it again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Download a program called AppDelete and use that to uninstall Firefox. That should remove every file associated with Firefox on your computer. Be sure to backup your bookmarks prior to doing this. Once you've removed everything, then try installing it again.

OP
C
Reaction score
I already have the application, and used it each time I removed FF 3! Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2GHz
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I already have the application, and used it each time I removed FF 3! Any other ideas?

Go back to beta 4?

OP
C
Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to live with this mystery. I've never tried any of the other betas; I'll look into it.

Cheers!

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question on web browser not OS X itself*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.