Airport Express 802.11n looses connection

Reaction score
I have two new Airport Express in my network: one to bridge Internet from Ethernet to WLAN and one to stream music to my audio system. Both work with firmware 7.3.1. Network works on 5GHz. When I stream music after I while the music stops and I cannot see this station with my Airpot Utility any longer. This goes on until I reset the station by

What can I do? Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Heike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
try reverting your express back to the previous firmware and then re-install 7.3.1. i have heard of this working for others.

also before you do that you can try turning on internet robustness on the express settings. it doesnt affect the speed to much and helps with interference that you might be getting from other devices.

i believe when possible it is always better results when you use 2.4 ghz rather than 5ghz.

hope that helps

OP
H
Reaction score
Where can I get old firmware version?

Where can I get old firmware version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
in airport utility double click on your express then click base station and then upload firmware. you should be able to select the previous firmware. i believe you will already have it if you have been upgrading from that machine already and it will just work. if it doesn't i'm sure google will find it for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.