nano freezing?

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got (couple weeks) a new 3rd gen nano and I've noticed that when I connect it to my mac it freezes from time to time. When this issue happens the ipod is not recognized by itune or my computer.

Is anyone experiencing this and how do I fix it? So far I've been resetting the ipod and connecting it back up, but this surely shouldn't happen. It never happened to my ipod mini.

thanks for the help

OP
L
Reaction score
No one has experienced this problem? If that's the case maybe I should take this thing back? Surely someone has had this issue or knows how to fix it. Please help

OP
L
Reaction score
^^^
Anyone? The problem of my ipod freezing when I connect to my computer/itunes is happening all the time now.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
L
Reaction score
Freezing nano?

Hey guys, tired this on the ipod forum but no one seems to be reading that board. Hope more people read this and can offer some help! THanks

I just got (couple weeks) a new 3rd gen nano and I've noticed that when I connect it to my mac it freezes from time to time. When this issue happens the ipod is not recognized by itune or my computer.

Is anyone experiencing this and how do I fix it? So far I've been resetting the ipod and connecting it back up, but this surely shouldn't happen. It never happened to my ipod mini.

thanks for the help
looking is online now Add to looking's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Have you got the latest software updates for the Nano and iTunes installed?

OP
L
Reaction score
Still no one with an answer? come on guys! someone has to have something on this topic.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Restore your iPod back to factory settings.

Reaction score
You don't have to restore it to factory settings. You can just hold down the Menu and select buttons for 10 seconds, it dosen't wipe the system, it just resets all the settings

Reaction score
iPod Nano freezing when connect to iMAC Tiger

Hello,

Hi9 Looking.

I have the same issue -just bought a NANO and it freezes coassionaly when connected to iMAC Tiger.

Were you able to figure it out ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks - Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM
This has been happening to me with my 3G Nano ever since I bought it, through several different versions of the OS, and with both Tiger and now Leopard installed on my MBP.

I've taken to just doing the Menu+Select reset every time before I hook it up to the USB cable. If I don't do that, it is guaranteed to lock up 100% of the time. As long as I reset it right before hooking it up, I don't have a problem. I would like to know if there is a solution, though ... it's an annoyance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.