Plugins Won't Work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2.2ghz, 160 gig Hard Drive, 4 gigs of RAM, Leopard 10.5.2
Hi there i'm a long time watcher of these forums and have finally decided to take the time to register. Funnily enough when I actually have a problem (It's always the way) Anyway, I have tried installing both safaristand and a couple of other applications which use plugins by putting them in library/application support/SIMBL/Plugins. But nothing ever works.
I have to apologise for not remembering the other application I tried to use. It was one that made windows translucent for applications, and allowed you to drag windows through clicking anywhere on screen. Any ideas why these might not be working, is there anything I can do to remedy the situation? Your help would be massively appreciated. Ry:)

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I did so i'm just not sure whats wrong. Im running leopard by the way if that helps.Ry

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Rygrade.

Wouldn't SafariStand and SIMBL belong in the InputManagers folders instead ?

I have SIMBL and installed like this :
Macintosh HD -> Library -> InputManagers -> SIMBL

and the rest of my Safari add-ons here :
Macintosh HD -> Users -> your home directory Library -> InputManagers

Did you follow these SafariStand install instructions ?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I tried putting them both in the folders you said and it still didn't work. I've also tried following the instructions in your link and it doesn't work. It's really frustrating actually as its the only problem i've had with my mac so far. Thanks for your help though, and your welcome to the forums. Ry

M

MacHeadCase

Well they do belong in the InputManagers folders. Maybe you need to get rid of the Safari preferences to allow the add-ons to be identified. It's worth a shot anyway.

Quit Safari. Drag the add-ons to the correct location (don't copy them in multiple places on your hard drive). (While you're at it, make sure you have the correct version installed for your Safari browser)

Go to :
Macintosh HD -> Users -> your username -> Library -> Preferences -> com.apple.Safari.plist.

Drag that file to the trash (don't empty it just yet). Restart.

See if it works then.

If it doesn't, I would suggest you contact the SafariStand developer (look at the link I posted earlier and see if there isn't a way to contact him) and ask him what could be the problem.

Usually, shareware/donationware/freeware developers for Mac are a pleasure to deal with and appreciate the feedback from Mac users so they can make their apps better and better.

If you do communicate with the developer and get a reply, report back : you might be helping out another member that has the same problem as you do and is seeking for a solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.