Blackbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Ipod 8G
So i am a proud owner of a black macbook, which i was totally excited about but once i was playing with it i realized it doesn't stay very clean with the oily fingers and smudges and what not. I clean it with the microfiber cloth that the notebook came and also i have tried a Mr. Clean magic eraser, that works really well. I want to buy the invisibel shield for better protection but i dont know if its worth the money, any suggestions on weather i should or not. And also, when shield comes off does it leave residue behind??? Im new at this so i apologize for all the questions because i have one more......how can i make video logs using the i chat camera, but without using the photo booth video recorder?, because that one seems really slow reacting.

thanks,
nubia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
I agree, the fingerprints get annoying. You'll get used it though.

If it makes you feel better, I wipe mine down every other day with iKlear.

As far as iChat video logs, use iMovie...it's a lot faster. I think I read somewhere that this is being addressed in 10.5.3 but can't confirm.

Reaction score
I advise against the magic eraser, as it actually can rub off some plastic in the process. I noticed the texture of this old IBM Model M keyboard I cleaned with one disappeared after using it--although it did get nice and white.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
you don't really need the protection sheet- i've seen a blackbook that is 18 months old and it looks brand new. it depends on how well you take care of it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Ipod 8G
thaks to all, so i guess ill save my 50 dollars and invest it on smothing better than the protection sheets, and i, sure i can live with smudges!!!!! ;D

thanks again,
nubia

Reaction score
When I had a black black book it's always got dirty and greasy. It was a pain trying to keep it clean. In the end I just lived with it.

I don't know anything about the protective covers, I've never used them.

To create a video blog, you could record it into iMovie which is a programme that comes with iLife. You can then edit your video and export it in whatever format you like

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2.0GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD @ 7200RPM | 20" iMac, 2.1GHz G5, 2.5GB RAM, 250GB HD
My Black MacBook is 23 months old and looks brand new.

Just take care of it :)

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Ipod 8G
I just got my mac about 2 months ago and i love it, i was excited when i got my new car, but even more excited when i got my mac book....... no greater feeling then seeing the beautiful black mac book!! One downer is the finger prints and smudges, it bugs the heck out of me, but learning to live with it. i wipe it down when it gets really bad with smudges and maybe once every two weeks i use a wet soft cloth to really clean it. I hate when people touch my screen, it is so much harder to clean the screen than the mac book itself, so do NOT let people touch the screen!!!! But love the mac and i will never go back to P.C! You know it would be really cool if they came out with a Apple digital camera, their own brand, that would just be nuts!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Does that cloth only come with the BlackBooks? I am jealous that I don't have a cloth. My white MacBook didn't have a cloth or anything with it. Ugh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1Ghz C2D MacBook, 4GB RAM, 120GB HDD
Does that cloth only come with the BlackBooks? I am jealous that I don't have a cloth. My white MacBook didn't have a cloth or anything with it. Ugh.

I got one with my white MacBook that I purchased yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I have had a blackbook for 1 year now. It is great but i have one major issue with it.

On the base the matte black has started to peel off and it looks as if its been melted. I was gutted when i saw this as this laptop hasnt really ever left my house so when i lifted it up one day and the matte black started to peel off i was very disappointed. Also apple do NOT fix this under warranty or when i found out on mine they did not as it is simple cosmetic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
White MacBook

I've got an old white MB. It's got fingerprints, scratches, stains, dirt and the like. It doesn't really bother me since it works just fine. I don't wipe it down every day, week, or month. I do clean the ports and such as to make sure the grit doesn't get inside, but the outside casing doesn't really bug me. The screen, however, I try and keep clean; it's a real pain in the back side. I don't let people touch it, I don't touch it, but it still ends up with smudges and specks of dirt on it. The screen honestly is a pain to clean, but maybe I just haven't found a great way to do it yet. I have a bottle of iKlear, but haven't tried it out yet. I will do that when I get home later today, and I'll let you know how that works out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's probably picking up the hard drive...mine does this too. Try a USB mic and it should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

My blackbook came w/ one...don't know why, it doesn't remove the prints very well. I use iKlear and it takes them off fine.

Reaction score

BlackBook and my iMac both came with a cloth. All current Macs come with that cloth now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
BlackBook and my iMac both came with a cloth. All current Macs come with that cloth now.

Man I am mad. I got a small black one with my iPod Touch. I could probably just use that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I usually end up using a damp washcloth followed up by a dry one when I'm out of iklear. Works just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.