iPod Socks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mid November Apple will be releasing a case of 6 socks in different colors that fit your iPod perfect. The set will cost $29

Got the info from Job's Keynote from yesterday

G

Gamer

trpnmonkey41 said:
Mid November Apple will be releasing a case of 6 socks in different colors that fit your iPod perfect. The set will cost $29

Got the info from Job's Keynote from yesterday
I say that I want some, wonder if they will come to canada. He said that is what there design team came up with and man I wish I could work there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ill have to see them.. I have mixed feelings on these "socks"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
How stupid is that.... SOCKS!!! I mean, socks, for pete's sake!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
C

Cloudane

Do they smell of brie when the ipod has been wearing them for a few days?

Actually I thought it said 'sucks' - I was half expecting a troll harping on about a cheap 'ipod killer' ;)

M

m1k

Actually, if you watch the full keynote presentation (posted at apple.com) Steve actually shows the iPods in their socks. It looks pretty stupid.

Way to screw up, Apple...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Oh my god, Apple. Why did you make this? All the 3rd party iPod cases BLOW your sock away. If any one buys this, it wont be used for their iPod... or their foot...

GOOD LORD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
It's not that hard to not buy socks, I do it all the time :alien:

I

iSheep

I think they're fantastic and I'll defiantly be buying them when they make there way over to the UK. Colourful, fun, crazy - love it. Nice one Apple, something original rather than just another iPod case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Maybe this is steve's idea of a joke?

Anyway, it's certainly taking 'think different' to the extreme...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It appeals to some and some it does not appeal to.. shrug that's the way with everything in this world :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Personally I think it's a clever idea. Of course it won't appeal to the hardcore iPod user. But to all those teens and regular folks buying iPods, I guarantee you it's a "hip and crazy" idea that they'll snap up.

I think this was a brilliant marketing idea by Apple to the teen market. I don't think they screwed up at all. Of course time and the numbers will tell...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I think you are right, we'll see! :) Some might even buy the socks and not even own an iPod...

M

m1k

Personally I think it's a clever idea. Of course it won't appeal to the hardcore iPod user. But to all those teens and regular folks buying iPods, I guarantee you it's a "hip and crazy" idea that they'll snap up.

I'm a teen and I just got a mini, so I'm not hardcore, but I still think that they're stupid... Socks are not hip and crazy.

Some might even buy the socks and not even own an iPod...

Lol!

C

Cloudane

The latter wouldn't surprise me, I can just see people buying an ipod sock and stuffing a cheap... ahem... "iPod Killer" into it :D

Or getting a real sock to cover up something foot-ugly like a Tchibo.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Or to clean up messes.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I would like to know, why Apple did this too? I'm surprised; they didn't apply the 3 year warranty option for this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.