spilled water on MacBook

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, it's unlikely that the water will have completely evaporated in just a day or two.

odds are you're on the hook for the damage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Damage is damage... regardless of who's possession it was in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
How old is your current laptop... It strikes me odd you seem very calm about it, "or should I just buy a new laptop?" ;) Repairs can vary from low, to high costs. I'd say water damage could cost a lot depending on how much hardware was damaged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Posting fraud wasn't the best of ideas. Who's to say there aren't people who work for Apple that do these kind of check. Trust me, there are companies that do. Secondly, water doesn't evaporate in a day or two. It will take week(s) in an enclosed device like a laptop. Thirdly, I would suspect there is some sort of thing Apple has hidden to test for liquid damage. Most cell phones have that little dot that changes colors if it gets wet.

Don't you feel any soft of guilt? To me, it seems like a pretty horrible thing to do what you did. Apple shouldn't pay for your negligence.

Edit:
Water damage will easily cost $100 to repair like a keyboard up to $800 for a new logic board. Usually, the laptop is better to replace than fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Testing for foreign contamination (water, zinc whiskers, etc) really isn't all that complex. Especially with water since it tends to evaporate and leave it's dissolved minerals behind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.