how to train Mail as "not" junk

Reaction score
Hi,
Hope this isn't redundant....

A lot of my emails go to the junk folder. When I click "not junk" it doesn't move them and the next time that person emails, it still goes to junk.

How do I train imail to recognize something as "not" junk. I have a filter in place to identify real junk mail. Just can't seem to get it to get smarter.

M

MacHeadCase

Imail ? Maybe you mean Mail.app ?

Just put it back into training mode via Mail.app's preferences.

Or by clicking on Advanced, you can tweak the Junk rules.

(See attached screenshots)

junk_training.jpg

junk_rules.jpg

OP
nauset24
Reaction score
junk mail

Thanks for the info. Yes I did mean Mail.app. But why does it not recognize the "not junk" after I have clicked on a message to tell it is okay? Or will it do so with the training mode? Eventually, i would like to have the junk mail go right into the junk box? Is that possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
It takes a while to train . It depends on how much mail you get.
I personally use a 3rd party app called Spamsieve which works well with Leopard (Spamsieve also needs some junk to train with to begin with)

OP
nauset24
Reaction score
still having "training" issues

Okay,
I have been using the junk training mode for a while now. But the Junk still comes to my inbox (although now it is highlighted a different color) and nothing goes to my junk box. Any thoughts?
Should I switch to Entourage? (not that I really want to)

OP
nauset24
Reaction score
Spamsieve

It takes a while to train . It depends on how much mail you get.
I personally use a 3rd party app called Spamsieve which works well with Leopard (Spamsieve also needs some junk to train with to begin with)

Wow, I went to read reviews of Spamsieve and it sounds remarkable. I am not inundated with spam, so $30 seems a little steep. (there's a lot of stuff I need to buy after making the switch to Mac, so I have to pick and choose.) So, I am hoping I can get mail to do the job. But....if I were going to buy a spam filter, that would be the one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.