• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Apple Color (FCS2) on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
I was reading through the tech specs for Final Cut Studio 2 just doing my research for all the equipment I'm hoping to purchase soon and came across something a bit disappointing with Color. I'm not sure if I misread it but it seemed like the specs for Color were basically saying that it won't work to it's full potential unless you're using it on a Mac Pro with a real high-end graphics card. Will it not work on a late model MacBook Pro? Mine's the 2.2 Santa Rosa model with an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128MB RAM, is that insufficient for Color to do it's work? It's a shame if it does cause that means my timeline has to be altered again. :(

Thanks for your help! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Go back and look at the specs. They seem less detailed than I remember. You box qualifies.

I've seen Color demonstrated on a Macbook Pro before so I know it can work. I can't tell you how well. Perhaps forums that talk more about this, such as at Apple can help you answer that.

OP
Sexy Patrol
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
That's good to know, thanks man. I may have just interpreted it wrong, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't work on anything less than a Mac Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.