Delete Button

Reaction score
IM writting this on behalf of my girlfrind who is finding using the macbook inconvenient because there is no "delete" button on the keyboard.

I know it is possible to delete backwards from the cursor by using the backspace key, but is there any way to get the same function as the "delete" key which comes on a normal PC keyboard so that the charicters are deleted infront of the curson instead?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Pressing the Fn key at the bottom left of the keyboard + Delete will toggle the delete function as it was on the PC.

Reaction score
goobimama's right. just to clarify, it's Fn + backspace to get the delete functionality like a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Wow, I never knew that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am pretty sure that it is in the little white manual that came with my MBP. I suspect that the same is true of the MacBook? Certainly I learned this by reading the manual. Small as it was, it was helpful. Check it out, if you have not done so already. You may find some other gems in there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.