odd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
i downloaded the firmware update recently for my Mbp, and i use leopard. then my adium will not work and i can't register with google talk or aol and my azureus does not work???

any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Just a guess here - can you do anything at all on the internet? I am guessing that you have lost internet connectivity. This may not be related to the firmware update at all, simply an unfortunate coincidence. Any chance that this might be it?

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
internet works fine, connection is cool aside from what i mentioned.. really odd.

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
can't use aol, google talk or ichat on my computer.. the internet works fine, but those applications are not working at all??? seem to connect but never complete the connection...

HELP !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hmmm... only chat functionalities are impacted. Check your firewall - is it on now? Try turning it off completely and test all the programs again.

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i went to preferences and it says my firewall allow all incoming connections, but i am behind a school firewall so I wonder if that could affect it, but others with macs are not having this problem???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Are you connected to a wireless network? If so, make sure no other computers are connected to it when you try to use your chat programs. If this works it may be an issue with someone being on your router and gaining access to the port necessary for aim and all of these chat clients to work as well.

Also, delete the programs and reinstall them. See if that works.

Let us know.

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no wireless, straight ethernet connection, still continuing.. sometimes the adium will work and then it will go out.. also the azureus is still out, not even the magnet link works from azureus

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i am still having the same problem with adium, it started right after i installed the firmware update, is their anyway i can remove the update???

HELPP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.