Belkin USB 2.0 card and Mac osX

T

thefisherman

Hi!

I've got a problem with this:

I bought a Belkin USB 2.0 card (model F5U219), read the instructions on the back of the box and found out that there are no drivers for Mac osX.
They have to be obtained from 'a third party', also on the box.
I am currently using Mac osX Panther 10.3.5 on a 800Mhz Quicksilver.
After installing i chose 'About this Mac' and checked my usb ports.

It states the normal internal usb 1.1 ports, and the usb 2.0 high speed sports. So i thought: OK, it works!

I then connected my HP Laserjet 1015 to one of those high speed ports, and looked again at the info.

Now osX says the printer is connected to a 1.1 usb port!

Btw, this printer is usb 2.0 compatible.

Other things, such as a usb hub, which is also connected to the usb 2.0 card work well and are connected to the high speed port, according to osX

So the printer apparently does not connect with usb 2.0 when it is actually compatible!

Anyone any ideas about this?

Thanks in advance.

thefisherman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
"USB 2.0 compatible" just simply means that you can plug it into an USB 2.0 port. Lots of people think that this means the device uses USB 2.0 speed, but that's not the case.
So don't worry, everything's fine with your card.

anyway, 11MBit/s is more than fast enough for a printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.